The “Opt-in” section on the homepage is constructed using Gutenberg blocks. When using Genesis 2.8, this section is installed when using the optional Auto-Setup Homepage feature.
This section is created with an Atomic Blocks “Container” block. In the Gutenberg settings for the Container block, we set the following options:
- Width: Full-width
- Top Padding: 10%
- Bottom Padding: 10%
- Left Padding: 12%
- Right Padding: 12%
- Inside Container Max Width: 1000px
- Background Image: (default image bundled with the Theme)
- Image Opacity: 70
- Background Color: “Dark Gray” #333
- Additional CSS Class: opt-in
Inside the AB Container block, we added the following blocks:
- A paragraph block containing the large Heading Text
- A paragraph block containing the Supporting Text
- A shortcode block to display our Email Newsletter Sign-up form
For the large Heading Text, we set the Font Size setting to: Huge and the Text Color setting to: Primary Color (default: #ce461c).
The Supporting Text uses default settings.
The Shortcode block allows you to insert your preferred Contact Form in this space — download your preferred Contact Form plugin, publish a new form, and paste its shortcode here.